A veneer is a thin piece of porcelain that attaches to the front of a tooth. They are used to change the shape, size, or color of a tooth. They can also be used to fix minor misalignments.
What Are Veneers?
Dental veneers are thin shells of ceramic that bond directly to the front and top surfaces of the teeth. They are an ideal choice for improving your smile and have become increasingly popular due to their simplicity and versatility. Veneers are made from very thin, durable porcelain material. They are custom-made to fit over the front of your teeth. They are typically used to cover up teeth that are misshapen or crooked, as well as those that are discolored. The shape and size of veneers can be adjusted to make your teeth look exactly how you want them to look.
Advantages of Veneers
Veneers are thin shells that are placed over the visible surface of your front teeth to improve their size, shape, and color. Here are the major advantages of dental veneers:
- Porcelain veneers are less noticeable because they are thinner and don’t require as much removal of the enamel on the surrounding teeth.
- They are also easier to maintain and keep clean than a crown because they do not require the alteration of the tooth structure below the gumline.
- Veneers are also the treatment of choice for patients who want to lighten their smile a few shades.
Who Will Benefit From Dental Veneers?
If you experience any of these problems, veneers may be a good solution for you:
- One or more teeth that are significantly discolored or stained
- Severely discolored, misshapen, or crooked teeth
- Teeth that are too small or too big for your mouth
- Misaligned or crooked teeth
- Teeth that are uneven in size
- Teeth that are chipped or broken
- Teeth that are misshapen or uneven
- Teeth that have gaps between the teeth
- Teeth with worn, flattened, or uneven areas
- Teeth that are too short, too long, or uneven in length
Once you choose an experienced cosmetic dentist to perform your procedure, your porcelain veneers will last between five and 15 years with proper dental care. To prolong the life of your veneers, avoid biting hard objects such as fingernails or pencils, and never use your teeth to open bottles or packaging. Brush and floss your teeth at least twice a day to keep teeth and gums healthy. Be sure to visit your dentist twice a year for thorough exams and professional cleanings.
Get high-quality dental veneers at Select Care Dental. For more information and appointments, callDentist Redmond OR at (541) 923-7633, book online, or visit us directly at 774 Southwest Rimrock Way, Redmond, Oregon 97756.