From infancy through puberty, Dentistry for children is the primary focus of pediatric dentists. As a result, they are equipped to take good care of a youngster's oral health throughout their childhood.
Importance of Pediatric Dentistry in a Child’s Dental Helth
Six months into a baby's existence, they begin to grow their first set of teeth. They begin to lose their primary teeth at about six or seven when they're likely to be replaced by secondary teeth.
Without adequate dental care, children risk developing oral decay and illness, resulting in a lifetime of discomfort and difficulties. Asthma now affects children five times as often as hay fever and seven times as often as early childhood dental caries, an infectious disease.
Dentistry for Kids is the ideal location for your family to attain and maintain optimal oral health and an amazing smile. Our amazing Dentistry for Kids team is committed to ensuring that your family has the greatest dental experience possible.
In What Ways Pediatric Dentists Can Help Children?
Pediatric dentists offer complete dental treatment for children and adolescents, which includes the following:
- Oral examinations of infants, which include a risk assessment for caries in both mother and child
- Fluoride treatments, tooth cleanings, nutrition, and diet advice are part of preventative dental care.
- Addiction counseling (for example, pacifier use and thumb sucking)
- Treatment for teeth straightening and bite correction should begin as soon as possible to prevent complications (orthodontics)
- it may repair cavities or flaws in teeth
- Diagnosis of oral problems related to congenital heart defects, diabetes, hay fever, asthma, and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder.
- Gum disorders and ailments such as ulcers, short frenulum, mucoceles, and pediatric periodontal disease are managed.
- Dental injury treatment (for example, fractured, displaced, or knocked-out teeth)
Why Select Care Dental?
Our practice provides a comprehensive range of specialized preventive care, restorative dentistry, and orthodontic treatment for children and adolescents with particular health care requirements.
If your child's teeth begin to shift out of place or are crooked, we're here to help. We use cutting-edge technology and cutting-edge methods to deliver a wide range of orthodontic treatments to our patients.
At Select Care Dental, we provide various options for your child's orthodontic treatment, including classic metal fixtures and invisible aligners by our dentists, Dr. Anderson and Dr.Nuttall. Adults seeking treatment for crooked or misaligned teeth might also benefit from our orthodontic services. For more information and appointments, call Dentist Redmond OR at (541) 923-7633, book online, or visit us directly at 774 Southwest Rimrock Way, Redmond, Oregon 97756.